Exhibition Project: Initial Idea

For the final project which I am creating for the third year exhibition, I decided to brand and design packaging for a baby food line. This decision was an easy one as I wanted to create work which would complement my existing portfolio; children's illustrations.

When planning my previous project, the Children's Educational books, I also debated designing some packaging, so this was a way to create some packaging design aimed specifically at young children and their parents/caregivers.   

I approached this project not only as a designer, but as a young mother, and I wanted the branding to represent 3 key points;

1. vegetarian diet 

2. natural ingredients

3. foods that I would buy for my own child

All of these components would shape the brand and how I would approach creating illustrations for this project. I wanted to show the ingredients, so I decided to focus on illustrating the individual fruit and vegetables, as well as grains, legumes and herbs. By illustrating exactly what could be found in the actual product I was creating a kind of transparency between the brand and the customers; showing exactly what the product contains.

As for the final pieces to show at the exhibition, my aim is to show a good selection of different flavours of snacks, meals and purees. With this being a baby food brand, with lots of well established companies as its competitors, I plan to create some promotional posters. 

Comments