Opening Statement: Hello!

I am a BA Graphic Design student at University of Chester, currently in my third and final year of the course. Illustration has always been my creative output, and as a kid I loved to make pretty pictures, so this passion has carried throughout my academic life, especially during my time at university, when I really began exploring my illustrative style; eagerly trying to find my signature style.   

Something that I am passionate about is eco living and sustainable products, minimising the use of plastic and opting for more natural materials and ingredients. I like to reflect this in my design work, and often find myself creating eco friendly and nature inspired projects when the open briefs allow for that. Since becoming a mother in June, I am obsessed with all things baby related so I'm sure there is going to be a lot of children's projects being created this year.  

During my time at University, I have found myself focusing on still image based projects, be it branding and packaging or book illustrations, specifically children's. Focusing heavily on illustration and just having fun with the briefs and experimenting with different approaches towards drawing; physically and digitally. Throughout this I was able to develop my illustrative style with each project, and definitely develop and build my confidence and experience with digital illustration. 

Throughout my first and second year at university, I have gained confidence in my design work, and developed my existing skills along side learning new skills and techniques to make my design work more effective and the process more efficient. 

When completing this final year, I hope to focus on developing and refining my signature illustrative style, as well as exploring different outputs which I have not yet given a go in the past 2 years, such as web design. My aim for this year is to be able to confidently say that I have covered all based over the past 3 years and end the degree with a professional portfolio which has high quality pieces and reflects my design ability.     

After finishing university I hope to work freelance from home, all the while developing and polishing up my illustration skills. My biggest aspiration for my creative career is to go into the industry head on and tackle all the work with the best attitude, learning from the successes and the fails.

Comments