Posterzine: Animal Books

My creative design practice project was a self directed brief for which I decided to focus on children’s educational books, with a puzzle element on the back covers of the books. I needed to present the idea in a two tone posterzine format document. I titled the brief "Exploring children's illustration through a book series", for which I wanted to develop characters and design education books for young children. 
(Poster on reverse side of posterzine)

The posterzine featured the front cover, brief title page, a page about me as a designer and the explanation of the project idea, with a poster on the reverse side of the posterzine. Throughout the document I included all of the information which was required to explain the idea clearly; what I was hoping to achieve, the elements of the books I wanted to explore and develop into interactive features, how I planned the project to look and what I would include. However, as I began the project and communicated with my tutor, the idea altered slightly. Instead of creating a complete series of 4 books and branding, I approached with the idea of 'quality over quantity', as I realised that I would not be able to create high quality work if I were to illustrate 4 books and brand the series. So for my final outcome, I aimed to create 3 completely finished books, from separate series. 
(Posterzine document presenting the project idea)

The posterzine, even with the project idea altered from beginning to end, definitely presented the idea of the project and guided my thinking throughout my development work.







        

Comments